Point Mobile PM550 Handheld Computer
Point Mobile PM550 Mobile Computer
RUGGED ANDROID HANDHELD POWERED FOR THE WAREHOUSE
Point Mobile PM550 is a 4.3 inch screen handheld with a 1.2GHz Quad Core 64-bit CPU, 6,300mAh removable battery, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n, 1D/2D standard and extra-long range scanner, and Bluetooth v4.1. Point Mobile PM550 is a rugged handheld terminal with a 1.5m(5ft) drop spec and IP65 water and dust proof protection.
Align your enterprise mobility platforms with Android
Android has become the operating system of choice for rugged handheld terminals even in the warehouse. Leading this shift is Point Mobile PM550 with Android Nougat 7.1, including enterprise-tuned features such as the Enterprise Mobility Kit(EmKit ) – a world proven, customized kit designed precisely for the enterprise mobility market. Receive quality system support that makes out of the box deployment extremely fast and painless, only for Android models.
A new 4.3-inch display, all with more power
Run whatever tasks you need on the new 4.3-inch touch screen with maximized visibility, which feels even more significant with no virtual keypad popping up to disturb your view. Keeping the large display on is a primary removable battery of 6,300mAh that allow your workers the full capability to get the work done. We expanded the screen and gave it more power than any competing device – the combination to enhance the productivity of your workforce.
Scanning performance that focuses on what’s important
The standard range 1D/2D imager reads all GS1 symbologies as well as poorly printed barcodes, and the extra long imager range option is also available for scanning as far as 11 meters. As a new scanning solution, the Point Mobile PM550 supports Extended Wedge, a feature which enables selective modification of a decoded value. There is no need for extra costs for SW development, or the excess time set aside for the sorting and collecting of data. Save your resources immensely by merely adjusting your scanning settings to capture just the data you need.
Point Mobile PM550 Specifications
- Housing Grade
- 204.5mm L x 79mm W x 175mm D
- 8.05 in. L x 3.11 in. W x 6.88 in D
- Decode Capability
- 1D Extra-long
- 2D Mid-range
- 2D Extra-long
- Bluetooth Specifications
- Integrated Bluetooth Class I, Ver. 4.1+EDR/LE
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/d/h/i/k/r/v
- 5GHz: 802.11a/n: Up to 150 Mbps
- 2.4GHz: 802.11b/g/n: Up to 72.2 Mbps
- WEP (40 or 104bit), WPA/WPA2 Personal (TKIP, AES), WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (TKIP/AES) – WPA3 Personal(SAE), WPA3 Enterprise(AES) WPA3 Enterprise 192-bit mode(GCMP 256)
- Enhanced Open(OWE) PEAP (MSCHAPv2, GTC), TLS, TTLS (PAP, MSCHAP, MSCHAPv2, GTC) PWD, SIM, AKA, AKA’, LEAP
- CCKM, 802.11r
SOFTWARE & FIRMWARE
- Operating System
- 7.1.2 Nougat
MEMORY & DATA
- 2 GB RAM / 16 GB Flash
- Display Size
- Display Resolution
- IPS panel (480 x 800 pixel) WVGA
- Daylight readable (500 nits typical)
- Qualcomm® APQ8016 1.2GHz Quad Core
- Battery Type
- 3.63V, 6,300mAh removable
- Storage Temperature Range
- -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
- Operating Humidity
- 0 – 95% Non-condensing
- Operating Temperature
- -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
STANDARDS & APPROVALS
- Rain / Dust Proof
- Drop Specifications
- MIL-STD-810G for multiple 1.5m (5ft) drops
- Warranty Duration
- 1 yr
Request a Repair
If you have a problem with your Point Mobile PM550 then pleaase use the link below to get an online RMA
Request a Quote
Do you need a number of terminals. Let us know the hardware configuration and we’ll get back to as soon as possible.
If you need any technical assistance regarding your terminals then please dont hesitate to contact us.
Knowledge Base – Point Mobile PM550
Soft Reset - Warm Boot
Point Mobile PM550 Soft Reset – Warm Boot
Perform a soft reset if applications stop working.
1. Press and hold the Power button until the menu appears.
2. Touch Restart.
The device reboots.
Hard Reset - Cold Boot
Point Mobile PM550 Hard Reset – Cold Boot
CAUTION: Performing a hard reset with a microSD card installed in the device may cause damage or data corruption to the microSD card. All un-saved data is lost after performing a hard reset.
To restart the computer if the touch panel display is unresponsive:
- Press and hold the Power button for over 12 seconds to force reboot.
- Press and release the Reset Hole and then turn on Point Mobile PM90 again
Point Mobile PM550 Factory Reset
A full factory reset should only be performed if you have exhausted all other troubleshooting options.
Caution: Factory data reset will erase all personalized settings and data saved in the device, such as Google account, apps, user data, etc. the factory data reset cannot be undone.
Note: This method of recovery may not be available if your system administrator has set policies to prevent the reset use.
Before you begin
- If you added a Google Account to the mobile computer, make sure you have your Google username and password associated with the computer. If you do not have the username and password, you will not be able to use the mobile computer after the reset. This is a security measure that prevents unauthorized users from using the device if they try a Full factory reset.
- If you did not add a Google Account to the mobile computer, the extra security level is not enabled, and you will not need a Google username and password.
- If you recently reset your Google Account password, wait 24 hours before performing an Enterprise data reset.
- Connect the computer to an external power source or make sure you have a full battery charge.
- Make sure you have an Internet connection.
Factory Reset the Mobile Computer – From the Operating System
- Swipe up from the bottom of the home screen to access all applications.
- Select Settings > System > Advanced > Reset Options.
- Tap Erase All Data (Factory Reset)
- Tap Reset Phone.
- If prompted, type your screen lock security patter, PIN, or password, and tap Next.
- Tap Erase Everything. A message appears informing you an Enterprise Data Reset is being performed.
Terminal will reboot.
Factory Reset the Mobile Computer – From the Bootloader/Recovery Mode
- Press and hold the Power Button.
- From the menu that will appear on the screen select to Power Off.
- Press and hold Power Button, P2 (Soft Right) and Front Scan buttons simultaneously.
- After short vibration, release the Power Button.
- Using the keys below, select Wipe data/factory reset
- Move down / up – Press P1 (Soft Left) / P2 (Soft Right) button
- Select the menu – Press Power Button or Enter Key
- After wiping the data, select Reboot System Now
Terminal will reboot.
Point Mobile PM550 SKU’s
- P550GPQ739BE0T Point Mobile PM550 – Wi-Fi/BT, 1D/2D Imager (N6603SR), Alpha-Numeric, Std Battery (6300mAh), QVGA, 2GB/16GB, Android 7.1.2, w/ Gun grip
- P550GPL739BE0T Point Mobile PM550 – Wi-Fi/BT, 1D/2D Extra Long Range (EX25), Alpha-Numeric, Std Battery (6300mAh), QVGA, 2GB/16GB, Android 7.1.2, w/Gun grip
- P550GPL339BE0T Point Mobile PM550 – Wi-Fi/BT, 1D/2D Extra Long Range (EX25), Numeric, Std Battery (6300mAh), QVGA, 2GB/16GB, Android 7.1.2, w/ Gun grip
- P550GPQ339BE0T Point Mobile PM550 – Wi-Fi/BT, 1D/2D Imager (N6603SR), Numeric, Std Battery (6300mAh), QVGA, 2GB/16GB, Android 7.1.2, w/ Gun grip