Point Mobile PM85 Rugged Mobile Computer
Point Mobile PM85 Mobile Computer
STAY ON TRACK WITH THE ALL-PURPOSE MOBILE COMPUTER
A 5-inch screen rugged enterprise mobile computer with two scanner engine options, a dual loud speaker with max. 3W output. Batteries are removable and rechargeable, with an extended battery option of 5,800mAh.
Brand New Scanner Brings Enhanced Performance
The new high-resolution scanner enhances reading performance, reading down to 3 mils resolution 1D barcodes with white LED illumination, which provides better readability of coloured barcodes and better imager capture results. It also supports OCR and EasyParse optional functions for driving licenses, boarding passes, and automotive part parsing for applications beyond barcodes. Lower power consumption helps increase the battery life for continuous workflow.
Ready for Any Rugged Task
Qualcomm Snapdragon Octa-core processor runs at 1.8GHz for maximum computing. Memory options are available up to 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM, so there is plenty of space for programs, apps and personal data. It has an IP67 rating and is 1.8m drop proof to concrete (MIL-STD 810G), even the 5” IPS panel is equipped with a capacitive Corning Gorilla glass which is shatter proof and scratch resistant.
Fully Equipped for Reliability
Stay in touch with your workers and customers with integrated LTE modem and Wifi as well as dual speakers with 3W maximum output. PM85 supports band 28, the public protection and disaster recovery (PPDR) network frequency. To provide full power for a long working day, we added the 4 Slot Battery Cradle as an option for ready-to-go devices across a variety of applications.
Point Mobile PM85 Specifications
- Rear 13MP with LED flash
- Front 5MP
- Housing Grade
- With STD battery
- 157.6mm x 78mm x 18.86mm
- 6.20in x 3.07in x 0.74in
- With EXT battery
- 157.6mm x 78mm x 23.26mm
- 6.20in x 3.07in x 0.92in
- Decode Capability
- N3603 1D/2D SR Scan Engine
- N6603 1D/2D Scan Engine
- Bluetooth Specifications
- Integrated Bluetooth Class I, Ver. 5.0 BLE support
- Integrated Near Field Communication
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/d/h/i/k/r/v
- 5GHz: 802.11a/n/ac: Up to 866.7 Mbps (Up to 433 Mbps for Phone SKU) 36 to 165 (5180~5825MHz)
- 2.4GHz: 802.11b/g/n: Up to 300 Mbps (Up to 150 Mbps for Phone SKU) 1 to 13 (2412~2472MHz)
- WEP (40 or 104bit), WPA/WPA2 Personal (TKIP, AES), WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (TKIP/AES) – WPA3 Personal(SAE), WPA3 Enterprise(AES) WPA3 Enterprise 192-bit mode(GCMP 256)
- Enhanced Open(OWE) PEAP (MSCHAPv2, GTC), TLS, TTLS (PAP, MSCHAP, MSCHAPv2, GTC) PWD, SIM, AKA, AKA’, LEAP
- CCKM, 802.11r
- EDGE/GPRS/GSM 900/1800/850/1900
- WCDMA B1/2/5/6/8/19
- LTE FDD B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/14/17/19/20/28
- LTE TDD B38/B39/B40/41
- 2xCA support B1+B5/B7/B8/B19
Cat6. 300M DL/ 50M UL
SOFTWARE & FIRMWARE
- Operating System
- Android 8.1 or 9.0
MEMORY & DATA
- 3 GB RAM / 32 GB Flash
- 4 GB RAM / 64 GB Flash
- Supports up to 256GB using ExFAT file system
- Display Size
- Display Resolution
- IPS panel (1080 x 1920 pixel) FHD
- Daylight readable (500 nits typical)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon @ 1.8GHz Octa-core
- Battery Type
- STD battery
- 3.85V, 2,900mAh Li-ion rechargeable
- EXT battery
- 3.85V, 5,800mAh Li-ion rechargeable
- Storage Temperature Range
- -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
- Operating Humidity
- 0 – 95% Non-condensing
- Operating Temperature
- -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
STANDARDS & APPROVALS
- Rain / Dust Proof
- Drop Specifications
- MIL-STD-810G for multiple 1.8m (6ft) drops
- Warranty Duration
- 1 yr
Request a Quote
Do you need a number of terminals. Let us know the hardware configuration and we’ll get back to as soon as possible.
If you need any technical assistance regarding your terminals then please dont hesitate to contact us.
Knowledge Base – Point Mobile PM85
Soft Reset - Warm Boot
Point Mobile PM85 Soft Reset – Warm Boot
Perform a soft reset if applications stop working.
1. Press and hold the Power button until the menu appears.
2. Touch Restart.
The device reboots.
Hard Reset - Cold Boot
Point Mobile PM85 Hard Reset – Cold Boot
CAUTION: Performing a hard reset with a microSD card installed in the device may cause damage or data corruption to the microSD card. All un-saved data is lost after performing a hard reset.
To restart the computer if the touch panel display is unresponsive:
• Press and hold the Power button for approximately 8 seconds until the computer restarts.
Point Mobile PM85 Factory Reset
A full factory reset should only be performed if you have exhausted all other troubleshooting options.
Caution: Factory data reset will erase all personalized settings and data saved in the device, such as Google account, apps, user data, etc. the factory data reset cannot be undone.
Note: This method of recovery may not be available if your system administrator has set policies to prevent the reset use.
Before you begin
- If you added a Google Account to the mobile computer, make sure you have your Google username and password associated with the computer. If you do not have the username and password, you will not be able to use the mobile computer after the reset. This is a security measure that prevents unauthorized users from using the device if they try a Full factory reset.
- If you did not add a Google Account to the mobile computer, the extra security level is not enabled, and you will not need a Google username and password.
- If you recently reset your Google Account password, wait 24 hours before performing an Enterprise data reset.
- Connect the computer to an external power source or make sure you have a full battery charge.
- Make sure you have an Internet connection.
Factory Reset the Mobile Computer – From the Operating System
- Swipe up from the bottom of the home screen to access all applications.
- Select Settings > System > Advanced > Reset Options.
- Tap Erase All Data (Factory Reset)
- Tap Reset Phone.
- If prompted, type your screen lock security patter, PIN, or password, and tap Next.
- Tap Erase Everything. A message appears informing you an Enterprise Data Reset is being performed.
Terminal will reboot.
Factory Reset the Mobile Computer – From the Bootloader/Recovery Mode
- Press and hold the Power Button.
- From the menu that will appear on the screen select to Power Off.
- Press and hold Power Button, Volume Up and Home buttons simultaneously.
- After short vibration, release the Power Button.
- Using the keys below, select Wipe data/factory reset
- Move down / up – Press Volume Down / Up button
- Select the menu – Press Power Button
- After wiping the data, select Reboot System Now
Terminal will reboot.
Point Mobile PM85 SKU’s
- PM85G6Z04BDE0C Point Mobile PM85 – Wifi/BT, NFC, GSM/LTE, GPS, 2D imager (N3603SR), Ext Battery (5,800mAh), FHD, 3G/32G, Android 8.1, Camera, English OS.
- PM85G6Q03BDE0C Point Mobile PM85 – Wifi/BT, NFC, GSM/LTE, GPS, N6603SR, Std Battery (2,900mAh), FHD, 3G/32G, Android 8.1, Camera.
- PM85G6Q04BDE0C Point Mobile PM85 – Wifi/BT, NFC, GSM/LTE, GPS, N6603SR, Ext. Battery (5,800mAh), FHD, 3G/32G, Android 8.1, Camera.
- PM85G6Z03BDE0C Point Mobile PM85 – Wifi/BT, NFC, GSM/LTE, GPS, 2D imager (N3603SR), Std Battery (2,900mAh), FHD, 3G/32G, Android 8.1, Camera, English OS.
- PM85G3Q03BDE0C Point Mobile PM85 – Wifi/BT, NFC, N6603SR, Std Battery (2,900mAh), FHD, 3G/32G, Android 8.1, Camera.
- PM85G3Z03BDE0C Point Mobile PM85 – Wifi/BT, NFC, 2D imager (N3603SR), Std Battery (2,900mAh), FHD, 3G/32G, Android 8.1, Camera, English OS.
- PM85G3Z04BDE0C Point Mobile PM85 – Wifi/BT, NFC, 2D imager (N3603SR), Ext Battery (5,800mAh), FHD, 3G/32G, Android 8.1, Camera, English OS.